Sunday, August 4, 2013

Opportunistic

Opportunistic are these little 'weeds' that love the fact that I have been watering. Infrequent for the plants themselves, but not for these little hidden seeds galore. I'm pretty sure a famous gardener (Ruth Bancroft maybe?) once said the a Rose is a weed in a field of corn. Anyway, you can see that I keep the water concentrated to the plant and you can therefore see how a sprinkler system can create more weeds by not concentrating the delivery of water. So the ironic thing is that after I spent 2 1/2 hours watering with  delivering a total of 116 gallons, a water truck went by and watered. Yes, I had called for it days ago and thought I would not be seeing it anytime soon. The very excited and helpful neighbor emailed to tell me this right as I returned home. Actually it is good for the plants as my first round wet the soil and the next allowed a little more soaking, The truck did not do a deep water, only a spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment