Sunday, September 15, 2013

Stunning!


Heather and Andrew donated this plant to the project. I dug him out of what was getting to be a tight fit between the sidewalk and the parked cars in Berkeley. It is a magnificent specimen of an Agave angustifolia marginata. There were lots and lots of offsets too and I was able to collect them as well. This plant is often called the 'weed' of the agave family and I never knew why anyone would say such a thing but this plant does send out an inordinate amount of offsets when it is happy and healthy. This plant was. Now I regret not taking pictures during the extraction process to illustrate my point.... oh well.

So, I hope if you are Heather or Andrew and are driving Bosworth sometime in the future, you will swing by, keep an eye out around Burnside Ave (does not intersect Bosworth) and say Hello to your old friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment