Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sisalana

Today I took advantage of about 15 minutes on my way over the bridge to get a short hike in with my dog and Nancy and her dog. No need to say all that, just that I quickly installed these two plants. They are from Marsha's garden up north that was removed over the summer. [Note- this is not the Marcia I just dug some A americans from south of SF seen in the previous posting.]

These two plants were dug as an after thought really. I was back up there on a trip to aid in ID-ing some of the plants the new owners were keeping. Here they are in sight line of Meryl, who lives across the street. She has been so excited about the plants and I feel a bit bad as some of the plants in front of her house have done very poorly over the summer and may need to be removed.

These are the Aagave sisalna. It is what Sisal is made from. Take a look at this article of which I am borrowing these pictures: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment