Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Transplanted


In preparation for the DPW landscape architects who have decided to re-do the medians closest to Diamond St, I moved some more cherished agave. They have assured me they will replant the ones I left there to be transplanted by the 3rd party contractor hired to do the job. But I digress... with the help of Sean whom I met working with DPW, we moved 2 truck loads and some lava rocks as well. The names of agaves moved is below. Now I trust [as the Landscape Architects were directed to do by the head of DPW who likes this project] the drip system does go in and the plants may have a chance to make it. In the meantime, with Sean's help, I bucket out water as often as I can, still hoping the water truck actually comes when we ask them to. Lots of I hope and I trust is going on, and well, just shrugging it off to chance really. I wish it could be different, but lots is out of my control on this...

A. blue flame
A. cornelius green form
A. mediopicta
A. mediopicta alba
A. shawii
A. parryi
A. salmiana butter fingers
A. striata
A. sticta
A. sp. (I have yet to ID this one from Marsha- it is seen in the lower left  picture, between the A. butterfingers in the background and the A. mediopicta in the foreground)

No comments:

Post a Comment