Monday, July 28, 2014

Aloe City!

Last Saturday, I was invited to Larkspur to remove some Aloe maculata. I looked over the bunch and said I'll take them all! There were more than I could eat! I removed a truck load and was on my way. Katharine was super nice and generous and made the experience so great. The following morning, Noel invited me back to get what I think is an Aloe arborescens. It isn't bushing out like it characteristically does, but it is a lovely plant. This took center stage. I removed Noel's aloe at 9:30, met with Denise and Kevin at 10:00 and we planted all the aloes- and some.

Here is the 'tree' aloe from Noel installed. I wanted to replace the Agave americana to the left that is very thirsty, but with good thoughtful encouragement from Kevin, we decided to place Noel's aloe alongside the agave for moral support. Maybe I won't feel so bad for the neighbor directly across the street who came out to thank me for the work so long ago. I want her section to look nice!

We planted a flat of Aptenia I had rooted, and a one gallon Bulbine, and 2 Senecio mandraliscae. Oh, and a truck load of the Aloe maculata, don't forget!

The water saga continues... with the brown out all over SF, and the promise from the DPW landscape architects redoing the medians at Diamond and Bosworth that will include a drip system all the way up to Elk, I am hesitant... This is to happen in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment