Thursday, March 19, 2015

Protecting the plants

[3/17] The bureaucracy is thick. The plants are not being protected as all parties involved promised they would be. Surprised? I am actually, but I am the fool. I was out there in a desperate move to dig agave that were in the path of curb demolition. Chris Kahey of Azul is not seeing how he is damaging plants and thinking only of his money and getting his job done- who cares about the community. He is not a workable person, but a lovely inspector from SFMTA is. Alison Doyle is very workable and cares about all parties concerned. Thanks to her, today a few plants are saved.


The pictures below are the silt covering the plants. Chris does not see this as damage.

I wet my finger and rubbed off the silt here:

1 comment:

  1. Can you apply for a grant because I think you can do more with some public money. Such as SF Beautiful or the SFPUC have grants for such project such as yours http://sfbeautiful.org/fiscal/ I like your project; I've drove by many times and wish my street as nice as this one. Can you come to my street?

    ReplyDelete