Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Expansion...

(planting date was 3/16)
I just did it. I went by a number of times, seeing open ground, and thought, just do it! I added the agave, aloes, calandrinia  and aptenia. Then some DG came along for free and I added it as well. Then the most wonderful thing happened- I met some neighbors, first being Flora, and then Karen. They approve! So I will act as a supporter now and watch them do their thing. Both Flora and Karen have plants they want to add and explained how the neighborhood formed a committee to address this spot. OOPS, I imposed- but they said it's ok and Karen is the head of the committee as I understand it.

(before the DG was added- no pic with DG, sorry)
(agave ID: from bottom up: A. angustifolia,  A. lophantha (a form of) A. americana right, A. shawii left, and finally A. sharkskin up top of the picture)

Maybe the term 'expansion' for this triangle spot is a stretch.....
.......but not on this other location at Bosworth and Lyell. From this perspective, wee see the part of Bosworth that goes under San Jose Avenue. Here too there was a spot of open ground- agaves love that- so here they go. These agave americanas were donated by the lovely family in Oakland, Sally Dusan and their young adorable Oliver. Thanks very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment