Sunday, October 13, 2013

Desert conditions

Dry dry dry. For what I am told is an every two week pass with the water truck from DPW, there are many large plants suffering. Too many. Suffering to the point of what I fear is beyond reversal even if
rain comes tomorrow.

Please do your rain dance for these poor plants. The water infrastructure out there is in disrepair, was looked at by DPW and there is a plan to turn it on. I don't know what is the hold up but it is too long and my hauling water from my house is too difficult anymore for me. There, I got all my complaining out.



I finally planted the Aeoniums form John and Dennis today. It feels very good to have these out of my yard and into their new home. I also planted some Aptenia cuttings in hopes they will root and keep the soil covered from the hot sun and assist in retaining moisture in the ground. There were a couple agave added as well, but mostly, I added bulbs! They are either Sparaxis (I hope so) or Daffodils.                                          Can anyone tell from the bulb itself ?
Both would are exciting of course, Sparaxis are more exotic. I divided them up into 11 piles, contained them in one gallon pots, and planted them at the ends of each median as best I could. As best I could? There are patches of thin, yet prohibitive asphalt in parts of the Bosworth median. Amy a DPW employee told me to just break though if I wanted to. I have not done so and won't be do so unless the water issue gets resolved and I won't feel like I condemn plants to the burning dry desert to die... Lastly, a friend from school drove by and gave a friendly Hello- finally my two worlds collide!

No comments:

Post a Comment