Friday, March 21, 2014

Surrender (part II)

Joyce came back for a second time! This section was much easier not only because the weeds pulled easier, but we spent half as long this time- 90 minutes- and we were done! A gentleman was walking by on the North side of Bosworth, and as he yelled over to us, "you are doing good work!", I commented to Joyce how maybe the reason I do this project is to restore my faith in humanity. Almost every time I am out thee, a passer by says thanks. This goes a long way in a world seemingly dominated by the non-appreciative or observant individuals...but not this guy, he noticed and nodded. Thanks back to him! See the fruits of our labors?


We also discovered where all Ants come from. They apparently live on the Bosworth median all along the curb. Look at the video showing what is disturbed by pulling up a clump of grass.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all you've done, and congratulations for the much-deserved recognition provided in the April 2014 Street Wise newsletter from our San Francisco Parks Alliance and San Francisco Department of Public Works colleagues. I enjoy seeing and feel inspired by the new plantings every weekend when I make my way to Glen Park for brunch, visits to the neighborhood shops, and conversations with friends.

    ReplyDelete