Saturday, May 24, 2014

Happy


...kind of a Pharrell Williams type Happy really. DPW was out early and by the time I arrived at 8:45am, had coned off one lane and were headed back down blocking the second lane. It made a fantastic difference for working out there. The Clean & Green Crew were out, some of the volunteers were out- including 2 new ones. That is Happy inducing enough right there! But the tasks completed were:
1) the lava boulders were moved up stream toward the Elk end
2) the asphalt got broken up in a section for new planting
3) the weeding of the (almost) entire median from Chilton up was done
That is a wonderful feeling....
Not so picture heavy today as I was in the dirt with the C&G Crew and the volunteers. This team included 6 workers, Brian their manager and Mitch the Big Boss. The the lovely group of Bosworth Median Volunteers included the lovely Sally, Heather, the new gal Giovanna and sit down for this cause I was so honored- Jean Conner! Yes, the expert had arrived and worked hard. The boys included the new guy Ed, Kevin and sit for this too, Paul from the Diamond Heights median project. Daing! a great group.



Our weed debris was taken away by DPW people and that made ALL the difference. We were able to pull and toss out our weeds into the coned off lanes and the C&G crew swept it all up and bagged it. So by 12:30 I think it was, all this was completed. Done.

Gymnocalycium saglionis
But because it was a picture-light-day, don't go looking for who's who in these two pictures above, but do look at the sweat little cactus flowers in this third one...

When all the Bosworth volunteers and the C&G crew were gone, I took advantage of the lane closure and moved some bigger heavier Agave parryi with my wheelbarrow up to the Elk Street end in preparation for the Diamond/Bosworth intersection re-do claiming the two medians from Bart up to Lippard. The DPW landscape architect is working with me to reuse the agave I planted out here one year ago, so wish me luck on this. I say that because it isn't the DPW landscape architect doing the work, but a contractor they will bid out an hire to complete the job. I will share the plans as soon as I am given the go ahead to share publicly.

But again, a very deep sincere thanks goes to those who were able to come out today and work so hard,
T H A N K   Y O U   A L L .

No comments:

Post a Comment